Been playing around with this for a while.
- Removed the latch from the car.
- Drilled a 4mm hole in the actuating lever to take a cable grip same as used for mgb choke cable to carb.
- Then bent and drilled the support piece
- Found a cable mount from an old bike
- Used an mgb bonnet cable although it doesn’t have to be as long as that
- A lot of fiddling and adjusting and it works
- Needs something to lift the lid a bit when released or it will re lock. I used a bit of pipe insulation.
Not sure how often I’ll use it but it has kept me busy quite a few hours.